After other very successful MVFN international outings to Mexico, Costa Rica, Cuba West and Cuba East, MVFN announces another international outing for February 2018, a nature tour of Central Cuba.
Enjoy finding many exotic tropical birds including 21 endemic species, plus many of our Canadian birds wintering over, as well as a wide variety of other fauna and flora.
This is a twelve-day trip (including travel days) leaving February 8 and returning February 19.
This trip is designated moderate difficulty.
Designed by Quest Nature Tours exclusively for MVFN, our Canadian Quest leader, Glen Barrett, will take us into unspoiled Cuban regions. He will be assisted by an experienced English speaking Cuban naturalist, who will be with us for the entire trip.
Highlights of the tour will include UNESCO Biosphere Reserves and Heritage sites, the fabled Zapata Peninsula flooded woodland and salt marshes (bee hummingbird habitat), natural parks and botanical gardens, the Escambray Mountains, a wonderful beach resort on the north coast, a tour of the restored historic areas of Havana and many, many more surprises.
DETAILS OF THE TOUR:
Cost: US $3095 plus airfare. This includes:
· all accommodations (double occupancy); single rooms, US $350 extra
· gratuities for all services provided by Quest
· ground transportation
· all meals as offered
· bottled water at meals and on the bus
· airport transfers
· park entrance fees
Airfare is an additional cost; we get our own tickets (details to follow). That way, we can use our travel points. Also, not covered are:
· any fuel charges
· extra accommodations due to interruption of flight services
· airport departure taxes/Cuban tourist visa card (we get these inflight)
· airport transfers in Havana if you don’t fly on the group flight
· alcoholic drinks and optional activities
· additional transportation due to an emergency (your insurance should cover that)
As some members of the previous trips have done, we can drive to Toronto the day before, stay overnight in the Carlingview Hotel, leave our vehicles for free, and get transported to the air terminal and back. Or, you can fly from Ottawa if you wish.
A deposit of US$500 to Quest is required by October 15, the balance by December 4.
If you want to join us in another very successful (I’m sure) international outing, here’s what you must do:
· send me an email indicating your interest – I will send you a full itinerary, an application form, waiver, plus other details
· mail your deposit, application form and waiver to Quest, and you’re in!
THE TOUR IS LIMITED TO ONLY 16 PERSONS, SO BOOK EARLY!
If it looks like we won’t have the full complement of MVFN member registrations by October 1, I am going to open registration to the Macnamara Field Naturalist Club and other members of the public.
This will be a great tour! I know, for I have been to many of these places before with Quest Nature Tours.