MVFN Paddling Schedule
All dates are Covid – dependant. Last year, we were not able to assemble in significantly large groups until June. The dates are also weather – dependant. In order to avoid cancelling altogether, the Trip Leader may move the trip to the other day of the same weekend. Notices will be posted roughly two weeks in advance and advance registration is required.
Proposed Day Paddles for 2021
- May 30 Paddle – CANCELLED
- June 20 Father’s Day paddle – Art Solomonian, Mississippi River, upstream from Blakeney
- July 11 Paddle – Brent Eades – Morris Island, Ottawa River
- July 24 Paddle – Suzanne Rebetez – #15 Mississippi River from Appleton downstream to Almonte
- August 8 Paddle – John Willis – #12 Clyde River from Lanark Village Upriver
- August 21 Paddle – Andrea McCrady, – #6 Stump Lake
- September 26 – Fall Colours – Denis Gallan – Millers Lake, North Frontenac
The committee is looking for volunteers to lead trips throughout the summer. Anyone interested can contact Art. If you are willing to share your knowledge of nature on a particular route, but reluctant to act as trip leader, let them know, and you will be paired with a member who can do the trip planning with you. If you have any questions or are able to help out with the program, please contact Art at .