MVFN Champion for Nature Award and Nomination Form
Terms of Reference for Granting a Champion for Nature Award
The MVFN Champion For Nature Awards were established in 2008 to provide opportunities to acknowledge, celebrate and congratulate the efforts of individuals or groups, whether MVFN members or non-members, who have been truly outstanding Champions for our Natural World in Ontario’s Mississippi River Watershed.
The MVFN Champion For Nature Awards are awarded annually or when appropriate to deserving individuals and groups that have, within Lanark County, West Carleton and area demonstrated their commitment to nature protection and conservation through active involvement as volunteers, or professionals. Their actions will have helped raise awareness and contributed toward the protection of our local natural heritage.
- Any member or person may nominate a recipient for this award.
- Nominations must be submitted to the Board of Directors (BOD) using the approved application form, at least one month before an Annual or General Meeting of the members, to allow the process to follow through prior to making a presentation event for the award, including a press release. The nomination must have a seconder.
- Nomination applications shall be reviewed by a three (3) member subcommittee appointed by the BOD. This subcommittee shall assess and validate the merits of the application and submit their recommendation to the BOD for approval.
- Members may not nominate or second themselves nor nominate any immediate family member. Members of the BOD shall declare a conflict of interest in the case of a family member being a nominee for an award, and shall not exercise a vote.
- Nominations may be submitted more than once but only once per calendar year.
- the award shall be the prescribed certificate, framed appropriately.
- nomination forms are on the MVFN website (see link to pdf above) or may be obtained from MVFN President Cliff Bennett at 613-256-5013 or
- Completed forms may be submitted by mail to MVFN, P.O. Box 1617, Almonte, ON or submitted in person to an MVFN board member.